Final pre-take-off post on the new blog.
I'm 99% packed (just stuff like the toothbrush left) and ready to head off tomorrow into the great unknown.
(Actually, it's not that unknown, I've booked every single night of accommodation. I know exactly where I'm going to be at all times. So much for being spontaneous. I'm not happy unless I know what's going on)
For anyone visiting the blog for the first time, welcome! I've got the funky new iPad and it looks like most hotels have free wi-fi, so I'll hopefully be able to update fairly regularly, including pictures with the cool photo transfer device that Stacey lent me! (Thank you!)
Here's the overall itinerary (in basic form...)
Melbourne -> Sydney -> Honolulu* Relax on Hawaiian beaches and go on tropical adventures for a few days
Honolulu -> Orlando (I go via Dallas, Naomi goes via Atlanta)* Walt Disney World!!
* Universal Studios (including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!)
Orlando -> New York* Naomi flies home
* Live it up in NYC
* See countless shows on Broadway
* See New York Yankees vs. Seattle Mariners at Yankee Stadium on 13th May
New York -> London* Sight-see in London for a few days
* Harry Potter Studio Tour on 18th May
London -> Dublin* 1 week "Shamrocker" bus tour around North and South Ireland
Dublin -> London* Hire car in Maidstone
* Drive around U.K. in anti-clockwise direction
* Sleeping destinations: Dover -> Brighton -> Bath -> Wolverhampton -> York -> Norwich -> Southend-On-Sea -> Cambridge
London -> Tokyo* Ghibli Museum
* Shibuya by night
* Tokyo Tower
* Random Japanese weirdness
Tokyo -> Melbourne (via Hong Kong)* Sleep. Zzzzzzzzz
To finish off this post, here's some pictures of a couple of hopeful travellers who unfortunately weren't able to come. That didn't stop them from trying though!!